Sr. Digital Designer - Full Time
Career track: Senior or Lead Designer
Remote - Canadian perm resident/citizen/work visa preferred.
Do you want to work with a company that is helping women-focused lifestyle and eCommerce companies build websites that reflect their brands? Do you love to design and be a part of creating websites and campaigns for companies you want to see succeed? Are you looking for a position where you can use your strategic design skills for meaningful projects filled with purpose?
At Arq Design Studio, we believe that every business is unique, and we know how difficult it can be for a CEO or business owner to find people to trust with their brand. We’re here to create websites that are a natural extension of their brands to help them attract customers that are aligned with them so they can make a difference in the world.
In our studio, we believe in radical candor and leading with compassion so that we can create with integrity - for ourselves and for our clients.
We need a confident graphic designer with a passion for eCommerce to help us with deliver outstanding experiences for wellness, lifestyle and beauty indie brands all over the world. If you love creating graphics for all types of mediums, but have a special place in your heart for digital, and want to help create a stellar experience for our clients with a female founded studio, we want to hear from you!
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
Details at a glance
Reporting to the CEO/Creative Director, you’ll be responsible for collaborating with the clients as well as other designers on projects to create designs that represent the unique brands we work with. You are someone who loves working with clients who are intentional and purposeful, you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it, and you love how little details make all the difference in design projects.
The ideal candidate for this position has amazing skills with typography, is a brand and marketing expert, and pays extreme attention to detail. You want to help grow our agency and have ambitions to be a design manager or art director in the future.
Acts of service is your love language, and words of affirmations is ours.
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
- Location: Fully remote. Candidates must located in Canada. Preference for Toronto/GTA applicants.
- Benefits included.
- 4 day workweek all summer.
- Flexible hours.
- 4 weeks work-from-anywhere policy
- 14 days paid vacation
- 5 days Flex time and personal days paid
- Coworking stipend.
Cool stuff you'll be putting in your book:
- Web Design (typically the Senior designer or creative director will create the home page and the Jr Designer will assist in building out the remaining web pages)
- Branding, packaging and photoshoot art direction
- QAing work for website design (getting files pixel perfect, doing asset revisions, flowing in copy, getting assets ready for export)
- Creating email designs and newsletters in Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Creating client presentations in Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign of branding and web design work
- Creating social media graphics and templates for clients in Canva/Adobe Spark
- Finalizing, Packaging, and editing brand guidelines documents and other assets for clients
- Retouching photography in Photoshop
- Creating web banners or landing pages for eCommerce clients in Figma
- Creating social media posts (carousels, videos) for the Studio and our clients (in Figma, Canva, and video editing tools)
- Creative reviews under the Creative Director
- Project Delivery - work within time constraints to meet deadlines. Identify and communicate issues with fine details and timelines.
- Exporting files as needed for clients
- Updating our studio website with new portfolio work as needed
This could be you if…
- You have what we call the “ eye”– you have a knack for design and are excited for an opportunity to gain even more experience
- You are excited to work for a woman-led company that serves high impact brands with highly custom and effective e-commerce web experiences
- You have a passion for helping conscious brands change the world
- You have experience in web design
- You have a proactive “get it done” spirit
- You’re excited to put a wide range of different things in your portfolio
- You have strong communication and time management skills; you know how to work through your creative blocks
- You’re thoughtful and intentional with all communication you have with team members and clients
- You always design with meaning and purpose in mind
- You have an understanding of color theory and typography
- have a firm grasp of general web design principles
- You are curious and tenacious - you are constantly learning about your craft and looking to improve
- Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Slack (for internal team communication)
Your questions answered:
What deliverables will I be responsible for? You will be responsible for designing websites (desktop and mobile), most of which are eCommerce sites for consumer facing brands. As part of this you will need to understand how to translate goals into effective user experiences while scaling out the brand guidelines provided to you. Occasionally we also do branding design for new brands in an accelerated format, which required art direction skills.
What type of direction will I receive? Our Creative Director is committed to providing strong onboarding, and constant collaborative critiques and process mentorship. To start you will have the support of our Creative Director and Account Manager - who will show you the ropes, brief you on projects and assist you from a strategic and design perspective. You will also work collaboratively with Contract Copywriters, Website Developers, and Jr Designer(s).
What platforms will I be using? Figma and ClickUp besties and help us work remotely effectively. We also often use Adobe CC (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator are must for branding).
I've used Adobe XD or Sketch, but not Figma specifically, is that ok? As long as you are down to transition to Figma that’s fine with us given how similar they are. We will show you the ropes and give you self-directed learning programs.
How do I communicate with team members? We have a standing morning call 4-5 days a week for just 15 minutes to go over deliverables due and support each other. Most of our communication happens via ClickUp and Slack. We have video calls with Clients occasionally. We also have project specific calls or meetings that typically begin with an internal briefing and pre-kick off brainstorm session. You will also have a quarterly performance review to track your progress and goals.
Am I managing anyone? Not immediately, we have a Junior Designer who you will have the option to manage and assign tasks to as you see fit if the Creative Director determines it's a good fit.
Where do I work from? Remotely. We plan to have semi-annual meetups in downtown Toronto for Pro-D and brainstorming, but this is optional. If you are in the GTA you are welcome to join us in person for VIP days at our coworking space downtown, on direct access to the King St Street Car.
What does this position pay? Salary is competitive and commensurates with creative capabilities and experience.
Benefits? For full-time salary employees, 19 days of paid time off (14 holidays + 5 vacation / personal). Plus Summer Fridays. Health benefits. Pro-D stipend. A positive, inspiring work experience - we believe in flexibility, normal working hours and a happy, supportive work environment.
This could be you if
- You have two (2) – five (5) years of Graphic Design experience
- Have an online Web based Portfolio (PDFs will not be accepted)
- You love to problem solve and come up with unique solutions
- You know when it’s the right time for you to ask for support if you’ve hit a block
- You are curious and tenacious – you are constantly learning about your craft and looking to improve
- You are a style chameleon but identify with a classic, refined aesthetic.
We are accepting initial applications from now until we find our perfect fit candidate.
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY:
Visit the link here https://www.videoask.com/f0ej1t7dc
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We can’t wait to hear from you!