Senior Shopify Theme Developer (Perm - Full Time)
Remote - Canadian applicant preferred
Arq Design Studio needs a front-end web dynamo to assist with ongoing work with a female founded studio! Arq services Shopify clients needing custom solutions and semi-custom themes.
We won't accept inquiries from overseas development agencies.
This is a remote position, but candidates within Canada would be preferred.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+, neuro-divergent and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Develop fully custom Shopify websites from the design handoff through completion
- Working within time constraints to deliver project requirements
- Researching and developing new features (i.e. app solutions to support business requirements)
- Strategically scoping projects to put together estimates that match project budgets
- Developing documentation of theme developments and maintaining themes based on Shopify partner standards
- Documenting and keeping track of code updates across our remote team
- Presenting documented ideas and suggestions to clients
- Sending Loom videos after project completion with a walkthrough showing clients how to use their websites
- Managing and directing Jr. Developers, creating process, best practices and mentoring their development skills in an small agency environment
- Self motivated, creative and self-directed.
- Curious and tenacious, strives to continually learning and improving in the craft of development.
- Full fluent command of written and oral English communication skills.
- Friendly and personable, able to ask the right questions.
- Critical and detail oriented
- Obsessed with the details
- Have a Get-Shit-Done attitude
You NEED to:
- Have a good understanding of mobile-first RWD
- Have a solid understanding, or willingness to learn the Shopify platform.
- Know when it’s the right time for you to ask for support if you’ve hit a block
- Love the idea of working with a variety of different clients
- Be excited about working with clients who consider themselves disruptors of their industries – our clients are focused on giving back and treating their people and their clients right
- Have real expertise in JS/Scss and other front-end technologies
- Be well versed in RWD techniques and mobile performance
- Be able to track your time spent on projects
This could be you if :
- You have 3+ years of web development experience
- You LOVE to code – you’re excited to continue to learn and do amazing things with your work
- You love to problem solve and come up with unique solutions
- You want to make money while working with companies you believe in and are excited about
Competitive salary or hourly rate, negotiable depending on experience.
Typical Sr, 40-65/hour, lead, 50+/hour.
This is a permanant position and does include benefits, education a training
Please note we accept applications on a rolling basis and the sooner you apply, the more likely your application is to be considered!
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to an interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!