Email & SMS Marketing Strategist
Remote - North America preferred
Arq Design Studio is currently seeking an email marketing strategist. As our email guru you will be responsible for managing and executing our clients email marketing campaigns, automations and building strategic plans to help our brands drive sky-high revenue through this channel. We work with conscious lifestyle and wellness brands across the world helping them grow on Shopify.
This is a remote position estimated to 10-15 hours of work per week with the possibility of more ongoing work in the near future.
We're looking for single freelance marketing expert who can drive strategy and execution.
We won't accept inquiries from marketing agencies.
This is a remote position, but candidates within Canada or able to work during North America time zones would be preferred.
Tech ladies, LGBTQ+, Non-binary, neuro-divergent, and BIPOC candidates encouraged to apply even if you don't think you fit 100% of the criteria.
This position is best suited for those that are highly creative & technical, have a sharp eye for details and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Our culture is collaborative, analytical and creative.
- Develop and manage our clients email marketing strategy with a focus on revenue generating activities.
- Manage day to day execution and analysis of client email marketing programs.
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of marketing automation features and industry trends.
- Be the email marketing subject matter expert for clients
- Collaborate with internal partners, including but not limited to project management, design, development and external clients.
- Deliver regular analytics reports and recommendations for improvements.
- Manage the end to end email production process for email deployments including implementing campaign set-up, validation, execution, A/B testing and analysis.
- Write and proof-read email copy and subject lines for clarity, grammar, and spelling.
- Create segments for optimal delivery and conversion rates.
- Establish targeting strategies based on customer lifecycle segmentation and predictive analytics.
- Ensure all emails comply with best practices to ensure accurate email tracking, deliverability, and a great customer experience.
- Create and manage new Klaviyo accounts with standard set ups (Welcome series, abandoned cart, customer winback) for BOTH email and SMS
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 + year(s) experience with email marketing strategy and implementation
- 2 + year(s) experience in HTML and CSS would be a huge asset
- Experience and proven track record of driving revenue (Case studies)
- Experience with creating and managing SMS campaigns
- Experience optimizing marketing performance through A/B testing, personalization, creative, and dynamic content management.
- Prior experience with E-Commerce Marketing preferred
- 2 + year(s) using an Email Service Provider (Examples: Klaviyo, Active Campaign, Marketo, MailChimp)
- 2 years of experience in a client facing digital marketing role or freelancing experience
Hourly rate of CAD $40-50/hour, negotiable depending on experience.
This is a contract position and does not include benefits, education or training.
Are design is a tiny boutique studio in Toronto working on custom design projects and ongoing maintenance for small to medium sized businesses, generally product based business who have a socially or environmentally conscious angle. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and have a passion for helping retail eCommerce clients succeed in a digital driven world, we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
- Deadline to apply is Wednesday March 17th 2021
- Send a resume and case studies to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line "Email Strategist"
- No cover letter needed. Instead tell us:
- “What is one email marketing strategy you would implement/propose, given the current economic climate and why?”
- “Name one metric that you would measure success with for that specific strategy”
Successful candidates will be contacted directly for an interview via Google Meet no later than March 26th 2021.