eCommerce Project Manager
Career track: Senior Project Manager
Remote - North America preferred
You will help manage, lead, and launch enterprise eCommerce websites from discovery to launch. Your expertise in project management ensures that all projects are completed on time, on budget, in-scope, and client satisfaction is always at the forefront.
You’ll be the primary point of contact for both the ARQ delivery team and the client team, keeping them updated on project timelines and deliverables. You'll hold a high standard for quality to ensure your team is always inspired, held accountable, and deliver the highest quality work. In this role, you’ll collaborate with Brand Owners, Creative Director, Developers, and Designers across design and build projects and ongoing marketing services for conscious indie wellness brands all over the world.
This is a remote position with full time hours, but is only open to Canadian residents at this time.
We won't accept inquiries from overseas agencies. If you're a freelancer in the US or Canada please submit your application for consideration.
This is a remote position, but candidates within Canada or able to work during North America time zones would be preferred.
Womxn, LGBTQ+, Non-binary, neuro-divergent, and BIPOC, etc. candidates encouraged to apply even if you don't think you fit 100% of the criteria. Arq is devoted to making the studio an inclusive place to work and values different schools of thought in our bubble.
The ideal candidate for this position has amazing skills with digital technology, a desire to learn, in addition to paying extreme attention to detail.
Acts of service is your love language, and words of affirmations is ours.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Take ownership over project deadlines, budgets, and scope
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies (daily standup, sprint planning, retrospectives, refinements)
- Assist with project scoping and defining development and design phases
- Attend bi-weekly client project status meetings to go over budget, timelines, and deliverables
- Ensuring documentation/requirements are maintained throughout the length of the project
- Communicating plans, actions, risks, and issues with key stakeholders
- Solving and removing blockers that may arise during the project
- Managing and building relationships across the Agency
- Assisting the team with administrative functions and processes
- Analyzing project data and producing progress reports using Click-up, Harvest, and Google Sheets
- Ensure planned capacity is aligned with the team’s available capacity during sprint planning
- Ability to work independently to solve challenges in a remote environment.
- Self motivated, creative and self-directed.
- Able to set aside 5-8 dedicated working hours a week during 9am–4pm EST to communicate and coordinate with your team.
- You have the ability to jump on calls to support with detailed note taking and proactive followups with clients on projects in multiple different stages of delivery and onboarding
- Curious and tenacious, strives to continually learning and improving in your craft, the tech stack we use, and all things efficiency
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Friendly and personable, able to ask the right questions.
You NEED to:
- Have a good understanding of the creative services world
- A passion for helping wellness brands change the world
- Be a compassionate human who can meet others where they're at. You are proactive, not reactive.
- Have a love for learning new tech, you can figure out a system in no time and poke holes in it's inefficiencies
- Be excited about working in a startup environment and the ability to find huge growth opportunities and build strong relationships.
- 2-3 years of experience as a project manager in the creative services space
- BONUS: Experience with both site re-design and re-platform projects
- You understand the fundamentals of the software development lifecycle process
- BONUS: Familiar with Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organize priorities based on deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and timelines
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- You can demonstrate clear past success in project profitability, scoping, estimation, and timeline control
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Competitive, starting at $50,000 CAD per year, commesurate with experience.
This is a full time position and includes benefits, tax deductions, education or training.
Are design is a boutique studio in Toronto working on freelance custom design projects and ongoing maintenance for medium sized businesses, generally product based business who have a socially or environmentally conscious angle. If you have a proactive "get-it-done" spirit, and have a passion for helping retail eCommerce clients succeed in a digital driven world, we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
- Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Reference: Arq Project Manager in your subject line
- If you made it this far, tell us who your favourite fictional character in the body of the email and the mistake we made in this job posting