Creative Copywriter - 6 month Contract
Remote - United Kingdom or Canada preferred
Arq Design Studio needs a creative and wickedly-sharp copywriter to help us with our keystone client achieve sales growth for the next 6 months. If you have a passion to write for wellness brands that are ethical, and want to help create a stellar experience for our clients with a female founded studio, we want to hear from you!
Arq services Shopify clients needing custom solutions and semi-custom Shopify experiences, marketing, and more. You can read more about the company, it's founder, and ethos here.
This is a remote position estimated to 30+ hours of work per month (approx. 8 hours a week on average) with the possibility of more ongoing work in the future supporting our ecommerce projects, email campaigns, and more.
We won't accept inquiries from overseas agencies.
This is a remote position, but candidates with writing in the Queens English (now Kings I guess) would be preferred.
The ideal candidate for this position has amazing skills with marketing and communication trends, ecommerce, wellness, a desire to learn, in addition to paying extreme attention to detail.
Acts of service is your love language, and words of affirmations is ours.
- Write copy for emails and occasionally other marketing materials for 1-3 clients.
- Understand how to identify, replicate, and/or define brand voice
- Understand email engagement metrics and how copy can impact them
- Understand the types of messages we send and the overarching strategies they are sent within
- Regularly research, apply and document new copywriting techniques and strategies
- Collaborate closely with the client-assigned production teams to innovate, iterate, and ideate messaging strategies
The person we are looking for is:
- Extremely communicative. This is essential with a 100% remote team
- Endlessly creative
- Able to meet deadlines
- Unapologetically obsessed with quality
- Able to make mistakes and learn from them
- Onboard with Arqs values:
- Lead with compassion
- Be radically candid
- Find ways to infuse joy
- Create with integrity
BONUS if you have:
- 3+ years as a copywriter, your copy is flawless, your proofreading is eagle-eyed, and your witty confidence shines through in every word
- You thrive on variety – you can switch from big campaign concepts to teeny-weeny paid ad CTAs and back in a day
- You thrive in a buzzing environment: you work at pace, you meet your deadlines, and you’re keen to collaborate across the business to get every project spot-on
This job isn’t right for you if you:
- Have poor time management
- Hate challenges
- Never have new ideas
- Can’t take feedback
- Can’t be accountable for your work, performance, and actions.
There are no specific experience requirements BUT, you’ll have a stronger application if you have experience in any of these:
- Content writing
- Engaging writing
- Email marketing
- SEO for ecommerce
- Working remotely
What we bring to the table:
- Career-defining opportunity in being instrumental to scaling a brand
- No egos and a small close-knit team
- Mentorship and training
- Truly kind and ethical clientel
We can work with a flat rate per month, or hourly rate commensurate with experience - negotiable depending on experience and soft skill fit.
This is a contract position and does not include benefits, tax deductions, education or training.
Are design is a boutique studio in Toronto working on custom design projects and ongoing maintenance for medium sized businesses, generally product based business who have a socially or environmentally conscious angle. If you have a proactive "get-it-done" spirit, and have a passion for helping retail eCommerce clients succeed in a digital driven world, we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
- Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference: Arq Copywriter in your subject line
- If you made it this far, tell us who your favourite fictional character in the body of the email and the mistake we made in this job posting